Automatic File Backup & Recovery
Starting with version v3.9.2, Word, XL, PDF Viewer and Diagrams applications are automatically saving the opened files to a predefined location to prevent user to loose important files. It is also possible to configure to automatically backup the files after saving the documents.
How to access this feature?
- Select the File menu (in Word, XL, and Diagrams)
- Press the Recover Files… button
- Select the file you want to recover
- Press the Recover Selected File button (take care where you save the recovered file)
How to configure backup options?
Each application (Word, XL, PDF Viewer, Diagrams) has its own Backup & Recovery settings.
- Select the File menu (in Word, XL, or Diagrams)
- Select the Recover Files… button
- Select the Options menu
- Choose a Backup Folder
- Choose when the application should make automatically a backup (after opening a file and/or after saving the file); Uncheck both options if you do not want to make automatic backup of files